Carpets are installed on every property’s floor to provide a sharp, vivid, and beautiful appearance on it. On the other hand, these furnishings are situated in areas prone to foot traffic. Thus, these are directly in contact with dust and dirt, adequate to make it look dull and gross. Because of this, it needs to be subjected to regular deep cleaning. Still, not everyone has the budget and time to opt for professional services. So, we have made a list of strategies to deep clean your carpets at home.
Using a steam cleaner
Steam cleaners are prominent among professional carpet service providers. This is notable for its helpful and extreme contributions to cleaning such a furnishing. It generates consistent and strong steam that conveniently extracts any unwanted debris rooted in the carpet without damaging it. Follow these simple actions from a company that teaches the basics of carpet cleaning.
- Open the windows and doors to enable adequate airflow and avoid inhaling toxic chemical fumes from the equipment’s moisture.
- Remove every furnishings or moveable items that might interfere with the cleaning procedure.
- Vacuum the carpet to remove any off-putting contaminants, debris, and pollutants.
- Prepare the steam cleaner by attaching the components onto it based on the type of model you possess.
- a combination of baking soda with vinegar and initiate the steaming procedure. The solution can help you deal with various stains and odor-causing microorganisms.
- Use a brush to scrub the blemishes, bringing back the regular color of the carpet.
- Take the remaining dampness out by blotting a clean white fabric along the carpet’s facade.
- Thoroughly dry the carpet by taking advantage of the air-dry method. Lastly, vacuum the carpet’s remaining loose and detached fibers.
Using a vacuum cleaner
Not everyone has enough funds to invest in a steam cleaner; perhaps a waste of money for some people. So, finding the proper approach to deep clean those carpets can be a dilemma for such individuals. Nevertheless, worry no more as experts have laid out the perfect cleaning method for carpet owners who do not possess such equipment. This page can show you the right way to utilize your versatile household vacuum cleaner.
- Prepare your tools and equipment, including baking soda or dish soap, water, pale, old toothbrush, clean cloth, and obviously, a vacuum cleaner.
- Pour adequate warm water inside the pale and set it aside.
- Vacuum the entire carpet’s surface to get rid of undesirable dirt and dust particles.
- Decide whether to work with baking soda or dish soap. For baking soda, spray enough until the discolorations are totally covered. Then, apply 1 tablespoon of dish soap per 6 to 8 inches of the spatter for the latter.
- Let it remain on the carpet’s surface and once you see the buildup of bubbles, stream it with enough volumes of warm water.
- Delicately scrub the stain away with an old toothbrush or a clean white cloth.
- Air-dry the carpet; if you want to rush the process, switch on and steady a fan in front of it.
- As soon as scorched, vacuum it again to remove free and wobbly surface fibers.
Using a stiff-bristled scrubbing pad
An old-fashioned way of carpet cleaning; this was widely implemented by the elderly as motored and electric-induced equipment were not readily available amid their time. So, the only way to clean those carpets out is by using their bare hands holding a rough scrub. This is still ethical and effective; hence, they choose to opt for this traditional technique instead of using voltaic devices similar to a dry carpet cleaning company.
- Get hold of everything you need, including a pale mixture of warm water and dish soap, table salt, baking soda, spray bottle, scrubbing pad, and old rugs.
- Put a teaspoon of dish soap with warm water on the spray bottle, and mix.
- Dredge the baking soda and table salt over the carpet’s entire surface and gently spray the formula on top of it; allow it to rest for a couple of minutes.
- Using the scrubbing pad, brush the carpet in one direction to gather the contaminants existing on the surface.
- Put a clean fabric over and allow it to saturate the water and humidity. Once it is almost dry, empty the spray bottle and fill it with tap water; spray it onto the surface again.
- Finally, press a dry and clean towel on the surface, position a couple of heavy objects on top of the cloth, and let it dry.